Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, November 9, 2009

Date nights!!!

The other night Landen and I were talking and he asked me what I needed from him. I couldn't really think of an answer right then because I was tired and a little irritable (all you have-been pregnant moms can relate). But as we continued to talk he told me how ever since we found out I was pregnant with our third that I have been a little with-drawn and not real affectionate. When he told me this, I knew he was right, and I kind of realized what it is that I need from him. I realized that I was beginning to feel like an old maid in some ways, or kind of losing my identity as "Carli" and was now a mom to three kids! With running a house, making dinners, changing diapers, grocery shopping, reading books, etc, etc.... I was kind of getting in a rut. Now, I absolutely love being a mom and Caleb and Halle mean so much to me, but I told Landen that I need a little "spice" or something different to break up the norm. I need breaks and I need to spend time with Landen just the two of us (especially when the third comes).

We go out every once in awhile, but it is always to dinner and we always end up talking about when we move, or money, or the kids. I told him that I want to go on dates and do things that involve no talking (or maybe a little), but mainly things we can do to have fun together like when we were dating and I don't have to think about the kids, or what I am going to make for dinner the next night. Some ideas I had were swing dancing, plays, the Nutcracker, getting hot chocolates and going to the lights of Christmas display, going to movies, I mean, we live in Seattle there are tons of great things to do with the person you love! We decided that we would go on two dates a month and I would plan one and he would plan one and they would be a surprise (I know that over half of his will be Husky basketball games- but that's alright I love basketball). I am going to plan the first date and I am really excited because I already have an idea in mind...

I think that what we are doing is so important because I want our marriage to be our first priority. I want our kids to see that Landen and I love to be together, so they can be secure knowing we love each other. You will all have to hold us accountable on this because it is easy to be too busy and not make time for eachother. I will keep you updated on our dates and put some pictures up of my hot husband when we go out!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

We were having a similar conversation last night. It seems to be on-going. Because of having little quality time together, I feel like some of the fun and spice of our marriage is missing. Though there aren't kids, I feel like my days go in and out with work, housework,etc. I think that we also need a schedule of date nights or the homework will take over our lives! I pray that your date nights will be fun and connecting!